We have three types of packages to fit the most common needs of our clients. For an individualized package, contact us [LINK TO “CONTACT US” PAGE] directly.
- The kit and caboodle package (Recommended)
This all-inclusive package includes four in-person meetings (through Skype or “live” meetings if you live in NYC) and six revisions. Our personal writing advisor will help you do the following:
- Brainstorm: You will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire to help give you and your writing advisor some ideas about ways to approach your essays. You’ll leave your first session with a set of great topics to pursue and guidance as to how to turn rough ideas into prose.
- Revise: You will submit a draft, no matter how unpolished, to your advisor. You can speak with your advisor up to four times (either in person, by Skype, or over the phone) about next steps and you are eligible for up to six revisions/edits.
- Edit: Once your writing advisor and you agree that the essays are terrific and almost ready for submission, he or she will go through it with a fine-tooth comb to make sure that it is stylistically and grammatically perfect.
- Four-hour package
If you already have a rough draft of an essay and need help getting it from “good” to “perfect.”
This package includes the following to help you get from good ideas to a perfect essay by doing the following:
- Evaluate: Your writing advisor will provide you with feedback on your current draft in writing as well as meet with you (either in person, by Skype, or over the phone) about next steps. (90 minutes)
- Revise: You will submit one more revision and have one more meeting with your advisor (either in person, by Skype, or over the phone) about next steps. (90 minutes)
- Edit: Your writing advisor will read your essay once more focusing on relatively minor issues that can derail an otherwise terrific essay. (60 minutes)
[If you see that this package is not enough for you, you can always upgrade to the “unlimited package” for the price of the difference between the two.]
- One time revision and copyedit*
This is for people who feel like they only need a quick look over of their work. This package also includes a meeting with your advisor (either in person, by Skype, or over the phone) about their feedback and ideas for next steps.
[*footnote: we often have applicants send work that they think is “almost there,” but once they’ve talked with our writing advisors, they see that there is a lot more to do than they previously believed. If this is the case, we can always upgrade your package.]
Please note that our writing advisors are PhDs with years of experience teaching college-writing courses. We know our stuff and we will help you get to a point at which you are proud of your essays and feel ready to submit them. Since your essays must accurately represent your uniqueness and capabilities, we provide advice and you do the actual writing. By working with us on your admissions essays, you will have the best chance possible for getting accepted to your dream school.
What we promise to our clients:
- You will receive tailored and thoughtful feedback from an experienced teacher and writing coach.
- Our advisors will be honest and direct in their assessment.
- We won’t leave give you hanging with our feedback. We will always suggest next steps.
- We will care about your success just as much as you do.